We’ve put some answers to pressing questions here for you.
How do I choose the right mattress for me?
- Find a mattress with the proper level of spinal alignment support for your body. When you lie on your back, there should not be space between your lower back and your mattress
- Find a mattress with the proper level of pressure relief for your body. When you lie on your side, you should not feel any pressure to your shoulder or hip.
- Look for a mattress that isolates motion from one side of the mattress to the other. Take your partner shopping with you. Lie on the mattress together and have your partner toss and turn. The more you feel the mattress jiggle, the more fragmented your sleep is likely to be.
- The pillow matters. Shop with your own pillow or a pillow you can purchase from the store. Most display pillows on mattress store floors are inadequate to properly test a mattress
- Take your time. Once you have narrowed your choice to a few mattresses, spend some time on the mattresses. Be sure they are a match for you.
Can I sleep on a latex bed if I am allergic to latex?
Our experience is that the majority of people who have a diagnosed latex allergy are able to sleep on a Talalay Latex bed because their allergy is topical, meaning there is only a reaction when their skin comes into direct contact with the latex. A person sleeping on a Latex mattress won’t come into direct contact with the latex because it is covered by four layers:
- A sheet
- A mattress protector
- A 400+ gram weight mattress cover
- A natural fire retardant layer
Many people are allergic to the proteins in latex. Since Talalay Latex Rubber is rinsed five times in the manufacturing process, the proteins get washed away.
How is Latex Healthier than other Foams?
The difference is in the chemicals. Many mattress adhesives contain a variety of toxic chemicals. Solvent-based adhesives have 48 toxic chemicals in them and only one non-toxic chemical and one natural material (water). You spend about 1/3 of your year in bed, so it’s important to know what you’re sleeping on.
Are mattresses labeled “eco” or “green” just as good?
No. “Eco” and “green” are not regulated terms and can be misleading. Many of these “eco” materials may sound good, but they are not really “natural” and are certainly not focused on eliminating harmful chemicals. “Plant derived” or “Soybean” foam are materials used in many “eco” mattress models and are at least 80% petroleum/chemical based and are not really “made of soybeans.”
How to care for your mattress
The Do’s and Do not’s
- Do keep your mattress flat, Do Not store it in compressed or rolled state for shipping.
- Do keep your bedding clean. We suggest using a mattress pad or mattress protector, especially if children will be using the bed.
- Do replace the old foundation when purchasing a new mattress. An old foundation may not provide sufficient support. It may appear that your new mattress is sagging when it is really the foundation that supports the entire mattress.
- Do use appropriate frame and center support for queen and king size sets. Using the right support frame will ensure that your warranty remains in effect.
- Do spot clean as needed, and remember that the top cover panels on Pure Talalay Bliss mattresses are removable for washing if it’s absolutely necessary. We recommend using cold temperature setting for machine washing and air drying.
- Do not flip your mattress unless specified.
- Do not place your mattress over a heating vent.
- Do not PLACE YOUR MATTRESS NEAR OPEN FLAME OR EXPOSE TO FIRE. THIS MATTRESS IS NOT FLAME OR FIREPROOF, AND CAN IGNITE AND/OR BURN IF EXPOSED TO OPEN FLAME OR FIRE.
- Do not smoke in bed. This mattress in manufactured as required by federal law to resist, but not necessarily eliminate, ignition by smoldering cigarettes.
- Do not remove the FR barrier on your mattress, which is there due to federal laws, doing so WILL negate your warranty.
- Do not leave heating pads on your mattress unattended.
- Do not allow your mattress to get wet because some of the upholstery materials may compress. Protect it from water or other liquids.
- Do not remove the law label or tag at the end on your mattress. This label serves as a means of identification to establish your right to the limited warranty.
- Do not use dry cleaning fluid of any type on your mattress. These chemicals will damage some of the construction materials and will void the limited warranty.
Where do you deliver?
We offer worldwide delivery options including white glove, old mattress removal.